TV viewing and recording facilities
The main TV viewing and recording facilities are based at Samuel Alexander Building.
Multimedia studios 2 and 3 (Rooms NLG.4 and NLG.3) are versatile language learning spaces which include:
- PCs for CD and DVD playback, and access to TVoverIP (for viewing live channels via the University network)
- Booths with LCD screens for group viewing of DVDs and TVoverIP
- TVs/VCRs for video playback
- Multi-region DVD/Blu-ray player (in Studio 2)
- Specialised keyboards for inputting in different scripts
For all enquiries contact Abdul Pathan:
The ULC Library has a substantial collection of DVDs including a large world cinema collection, off-air recordings of documentaries, gameshows etc, and recordings to accompany language courses.
Reference only titles should be requested from reception.
Box of Broadcasts
Box of Broadcasts is a streaming video service which allows the scheduling of future recordings, and the viewing of previous recordings. The BoB service can be accessed by visiting Box of Broadcasts (Media Services).