Off-air recording and AV duplication service

The Language Centre in Samuel Alexander Building (building 67 on the Campus Map) offers an off-air recording service from satellite and terrestrial TV.

The University of Manchester is covered by the Education Recording Agency Licence which permits off-air recordings to be made for educational purposes. 

Requests for off-air recordings

Students and language teaching staff who require off-air recordings should ask for an off-air recording request form from reception and give as much notice as possible.

Staff who need off-air recordings from channels other than those currently provided should contact Abdul Pathan to discuss feasibility.

At least a week's notice will be needed for this.

Requests for AV duplication

An AV duplication service is available from Reception. Please ask for a copy request form and direct any queries to the receptionist.

Legal links

  • ERA Licensing - clarification of copyright issues
  • JISC - help with copyright law and its relevance and application to the use of information and communications technologies in UK further and higher education