Schools and colleges
Our aim is to increase public understanding and support for arts and languages and communicate their significance for the wider community.
We have a dynamic programme of activities for secondary and further education students.
We invest in potential students, and work closely with schools across the north-west to host taster sessions, deliver lectures and provide school volunteering opportunities.
We are always happy to send our students and staff to talk to pupils about the value of studying subjects within arts, languages and cultures.
Find out how we use personal information relating to participants (or prospective participants) on pre-university events and initiatives.
- Widening participation privacy notice (PDF document, 110KB)
Contact for schools engagement
Please note: we arrange subject-specific outreach for the School of Arts, Languages and Cultures. Please direct any enquiries about Careers Fairs to the University's central Access and Success Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools Outreach Officer, School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
Room A19, Samuel Alexander Building
The University of Manchester
We have close relationships with a variety of artistic and cultural bodies, both inside and outside the University, and host a variety of cultural events which are open to the public. These include:
- Creative Manchester - our collaborative network with partners in the arts and culture sector in the NW and beyond.
- Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in the Arts and Languages (CIDRAL)
- Humanitarian and Conflict Response Institute (HCRI)
- Institute for Cultural Practices (ICP)
- Manchester Histories Festival
- Martin Harris Centre for Music and Drama
- Confucius Institute