Poetry short course
We are delighted to offer an online Poetry short course for 2022, delivered in collaboration with Carcanet Press, one of the leading literary publishers of modern and classic poetry. These courses, which will run on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, provide an exciting opportunity to be tutored by acclaimed poets from The University’s Centre for New Writing, including Professors of Poetry, John McAuliffe and Michael Schmidt (founder of Carcanet Press).
Each session of the 4-week course will introduce participants to some of the most important techniques of reading and writing poetry. The course will deepen your understanding of the craft of writing, drawing on material in the Rylands Modern Literary Archive, as well as providing inspiration, technical guidance and feedback on your work. The professional poets leading the courses will also offer expert advice on the publishing process, advice on the changing contexts for publishing your work and, more broadly, on the publishing process.
- 4-week course (2x evenings per week)
- 28 June - 21 July 2022
Teaching and learning
- The course is delivered completely online.
- It is taught and assessed via the use of online lectures, seminars, workshops and live reading events.
About your Tutors
- Professor John McAuliffe - School of Arts, Languages and Cultures - The University of Manchester
- Professor Michael Schmidt - School of Arts, Languages and Cultures - The University of Manchester
Fees and how to apply
- The total course fee is £450.00.
- To apply please visit the estore.
Deadline to apply: Friday 10 June 2022.
Before applying, please refer to The University's Privacy Notice for prospective students, applicants, and offer-holders so that you are aware of how your data will be processed.
For further information or guidance please email email@example.com.
Participants will usually have some prior experience of creative writing or poetry. This course is for anyone who would like to develop their understanding of contemporary poetry and how to write better poetry.
The course is delivered completely online. You will therefore need a computer with an internet connection to access the course.
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or follow us on social media: