Sign up for an IT Account
Why do I need to do this?
IT Sign Up allows you to:
- Access Blackboard 9, the online virtual learning system used in class and for homework, which also contains supplementary language material
- Get a University email account
- Log on to computers at the University
- Register for a student card (once student registration has also been completed)
If you have studied with us before and have already set up an account, you do not need to do IT Sign Up again. Please go straight to Student registration. However, if you have forgotten your username or/and password , you can recover it here.
If you are studying with us for the first time, you will need to complete IT Sign Up. You may need to wait 24 hours after receiving your University of Manchester ID number before you can sign up. Then, please follow the steps below:
- Go to https://iam.manchester.ac.uk
- Click on 'Activate your IT account'
- Enter your surname, date of birth, and your University of Manchester ID number which will be emailed to you by the LEAP office once you have paid for your course
- Press 'search' and confirm your details
- Make a note of your username and create a password
If you encounter any problems with IT Sign Up, please contact the IT Helpdesk on +44 (0)161 306 5544, quoting your ID number.