Why study here?
We are the largest group of translation and interpreting specialists in the UK, offering an impressive array of comprehensive MA and PhD programmes.
The School has the highest concentration of translation and interpreting specialists in the UK and is a leading centre for research and training in these fields.
Study and thrive in a lively and supportive environment, and benefit from our well-established programme of extra-curricular events, Professional Development Workshops and research seminars given by invited speakers from industry and academia.
We offer a wide range of practical and research courses through a comprehensive range of languages under expert research expertise like no other university.
- A range of practical and research specialisms.
- Specialisation in translation, working with English and any other language.
- Dialogue interpreting for business and public services.
- Professional technology training and Trados Certification preparation.
- Expert PhD supervision on many aspects of translation, interpreting and intercultural studies.
- Become the best you can be by participating in Stellify for true personal and professional growth.
I chose Manchester because, besides being a renowned university, it offered one of the few courses available that covered both areas. I enjoyed the variety in the classes, and both the content and the lecturers were very good and approachable. I also enjoyed the Centre's weekly seminars, which had very interesting speakers and covered a variety of topics.Debora Ferrari Haines / MA Translation Studies / Production Editor
We offer specialist training in three distinct areas - translation, interpreting and intercultural communication.
Find out more about our Translation and Intercultural Studies courses, and discover what it takes to become a student here.
Hear what some of our students have to say about their time studying our Translation and Intercultural Studies courses.
Careers and employability
Explore careers and employability options after studying Translation and Intercultural Studies at Manchester.