Current PhD students
Postgraduate research students in translation and intercultural studies work on a wide range of innovative projects.
Meet our current research students and find out what they're working on.
- Fatimah Alanazi - 'Re-Narrating the Arabic National Saga: The English Translation of Female Characters in the Arabic Nationalist Literature'.
- Hanan Alatoibi - 'Philosophical Translation in Saudi Arabia: A Socio-Narrative Case Study'.
- Ziling Bai - 'The Novels of Virginia Woolf in Chinese: Memory, Spectrality and Retranslation'.
- José Gustavo Góngora-Goloubintseff - 'Translation in Wikipedia: A Praxeological Study of Normativity, Negotiation and Automation across Four Language Communities'.
- Blanca González-Valencia - 'Dubbing Ken Loach's Anti-Austerity Narratives in Spanish: I, Daniel Blake as a Case Study'.
- Shiyao Guo - 'Translation in Wartime: Interpreting Officers Recruited from the NSAU in the War of Resistance against Japanese Aggression (1937-1946)'.
- Kyriaki-Evlalia Iliadou - 'Audiovisual Translation as Propaganda in Greece: From the German Occupation to the Junta of the Colonels'.
- Jiaqi Liu - 'A Socio-Technical Investigation of Translation Hacking in China: Exploring the Power and Diverse Agency of Amateurs in a Collaborative Digital Culture'.
- Ariadna Molinari-Tato - 'Translators in Drag: A Queer and Decolonial Approach to the "Transformance" of Gender Outlaws: The Next Generation into Mexican Spanish'.
- Jianhao Qiu - 'Interpreters’ Mediation of China’s Trust Restoration and Political Image Preservation in Crisis Communication: A Corpus-based CDA of SCIO Press Conferences on COVID-19'
- Brett Robinson - 'Operatic Translaboration: Collaborative Translation, Singability and Interpretation'
- Néstor Singer Contreras - 'The Development of Translator Identity: An Interpretative Phenomenological Study of Chilean Translation Students' Experiences amid Local and Global Crises'.
- Rui Sun - 'Tracking Howard Goldblatt’s Translation Style over Time: A Corpus-based Study'.
- Shuaa Tashkandi - 'Islamic Arabic Dubbing of Children's Japanese Animated TV Series: A Form of Re-Narration'.
- Silvia Terribile - Neural Machine Translation Post-Editing: Productivity, Edits and Knowledge'.
- Yang Wu - 'A Corpus-based Critical Analysis of Conflict Metaphors in China’s Political Speeches and Their English Translations (2004-2020)'.
- Ruijie Xie - 'Chinese Fandom Communities of Japanese Pop Artists: The Role of Translation in the Fan Communities within the Chinese Fandom of AKB48’.
- Lin Zhang - 'Ku Hung-Ming’s Translation of Confucian Classics: Renarrating Confucianism'.