Meet the team in Art History and Cultural Practices.
We, the staff of the department of Art History and Cultural Practices at the University of Manchester, abhor racism and are committed to redressing the issues of discrimination and racialised disadvantage within our disciplines and our own teaching and research practice, and to decolonising our curriculum. We condemn the institutionalised racist oppression that led to the killing of George Floyd and fully support the Black Lives Matter movement. We are determined to produce a departmental culture which welcomes and supports BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and disabled students and staff, and where every one is equally recognised and can flourish.
We attract the very best talent, and our staff are both international and internationally recognised.
Our inspiring academics can give our students first-hand access to cutting-edge research and real-world knowledge to take with them after graduation.
Head of Art History and Cultural Practices
- Dr Cordelia Warr - Senior Lecturer in Art History
Staff - Art History
- Dr Anthony Gerbino - Senior Lecturer in Art History (Post-Graduate Research Officer)
- Dr Anne Kirkham - Honorary Research Fellow in Medieval Art
- Dr Charlie F B Miller - Lecturer in Art History and Theory (Undergraduae Programme Director)
- Dr Luke Skrebowski - Lecturer in Contemporary Art (Admissions Officer)
- Dr Emilia Terracciano - Lecturer in Modern Art History (Web and Social Media Officer)
- Dr Colin Trodd - Senior Lecturer in Art History (Assessment Officer)
- Dr Edward Wouk - Senior Lecturer in Art History (Research Officer)
Staff - Institute for Cultural Practices
- Dr Kostas Arvanitis - Senior Lecturer in Museology and Director of Institute for Cultural Practices
- Dr Jenna Ashton - Lecturer in Heritage Studies
- Dr Abigail Gilmore - Senior Lecturer in Arts Management
- Dr Emma Martin - Lecturer in Museology
- Dr Simon Parry - Lecturer in Drama and Arts Management
- Dr Maria Balshaw CBE - Director of Tate (formerly Director of the Whitworth, University of Manchester and Manchester City Galleries)
- Alistair Hudson - Director of the Whitworth and Manchester Art Gallery and Honorary Professor of Useful Art
- Dr Nick Merriman - Director of The Manchester Museum
- Esme Ward - Director of The Manchester Museum and Honorary Professor of Heritage Futures
- Prof Helen Rees Leahy - Professor in Museology
- Prof Roger Ling - Professor of Classical Art and Archaeology
- Prof David Lomas - Professor of Art History
- Mr David O'Connor - Lecturer in Art History
- Dr Tom Rasmussen - Senior Lecturer in Art History
- Prof Marcia Pointon - Professor Emerita in History of Art