Meet the team in the Art History department.
We attract the very best talent, and our staff are both international and internationally recognised.
Our inspiring academics can give our students first-hand access to cutting-edge research and real-world knowledge to take with them after graduation.
February 2018: Every one of us is deeply saddened to learn of the death of Professor Suzy Butters, Professor of Art History from 1975 to 2008. She was an inspiration and will be sorely missed. If you would like to offer reminiscences, please click here.
Head of Subject
- Dr Anthony Gerbino - Senior Lecturer in Art History
- Dr Naomi Billingsley - Leverhulme Early Career Fellow
- Dr Anne Kirkham - Honorary Research Fellow in Medieval Art
- Dr Marion Endt-Jones - Research Associate
- Prof Carol Mavor - Professor in Visual Arts (Postgraduate Research Director)
- Dr Charlie F B Miller - Lecturer in Art History and Theory
- Dr Clare O’Dowd - Lecturer in Twentieth-Century Art History
- Dr Luke Skrebowski - Lecturer in Contemporary Art (Admissions Officer)
- Dr Colin Trodd - Senior Lecturer in Art History (Undergraduate Programme Director)
- Dr Luke Uglow - Lecturer in Art History
- Dr Edward Wouk - Senior Lecturer in Art History (Research Officer)
- Dr Cordelia Warr - Senior Lecturer
- Dr Maria Balshaw CBE - Director of Tate (formerly Director of the Whitworth, University of Manchester and Manchester City Galleries)
- Alistair Hudson - Director of the Whitworth and Manchester Art Gallery and Honorary Professor of Useful Art
- Dr Nick Merriman - Director of The Manchester Museum
- Esme Ward - Director of The Manchester Museum and Honorary Professor of Heritage Futures