We have a vibrant research culture and busy programme of events to promote and debate research that addresses key themes.
We design, conduct and publish research in arts management, cultural policy, heritage and museology. Key areas of our research include:
- Art collecting
- Art market
- Arts in education
- Contemporary collecting practices in the museum
- Contemporary science and the arts
- Cultural participation and place-making
- Cultural management, participation and cultural value
- Data culture and “data-driven decision making” in cultural organisations
- Digital heritage
- History, practice and theory of exhibitions and collections
- History of museum visiting and practices of spectatorship
- Knowledge production in the Himalayas
- Performance and activism
- Transcultural networks of collecting and connoisseurship
ICP staff are also interested in undertaking commissioned research that draws on our research expertise and meets our objectives for user engagement.
If you would like to discuss how we can work with your organisation, please contact Dr Kostas Arvanitis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We publish research in arts management, cultural policy and museology.
Find out more about our current and completed research projects.