Why study here?
Immerse yourself in the cultural hotbed of Manchester and follow in the footsteps of some of the greats of stage and screen.
Drama at The University of Manchester has a worldwide reputation for excellence.
Students of drama at Manchester are nurtured to their full potential across theatre, performance, screen and film studies, taking on board the history, literature, politics, technology and craft of this discipline.
The Complete University Guide ranks Drama at The University of Manchester in the top two in the UK.Complete University Guide 2020
Utilise a purpose-built studio theatre with excellent facilities staffed by professional technicians.
- Work with industry-standard camera and editing equipment.
- Study abroad at one of our dedicated partner universities.
- Experience theatre work in prisons and probation centres, health-care settings and education.
- Benefit from close links with the neighbouring Contact Theatre and the Royal Exchange Theatre.
- Enjoy countless ground-breaking arts organisations and events in a vibrant city.
- Choose from a wide range of joint honours programmes combining theatre or film with other subjects in arts, languages and cultures.
- Pursue a flexible Film Studies MA covering film theory, practice, history, culture and much more.
- Become the best you can be by participating in Stellify for true personal and professional growth.
Study Drama at Manchester and you will develop the skills you need to work both as a creative professional, and in careers in other areas.
The University of Manchester is the most targeted university in the UK for top graduate employers. We are among the best universities in the world for the employability of our students – ranked 57th in the Times Higher Education Global University Ranking 2019 and 35th in the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2019.
In the UK, we're the most targeted university by the nation's top graduate employers (The Graduate Market in 2019, High Flyers Research).
Find out more on the Careers and employability page.
Take a look at how drama students got involved in the Manchester International Festival in summer 2019.
I love studying Drama in Manchester because you feel like you are constantly working in a creative atmosphere. Manchester is also a vibrant and exciting city to be a part of. We have opportunities to collaborate with local practitioners and playmakers, helping us to grow our pieces and develop our own ideas.Hannah Davies / BA (Hons) Drama
Find out more about our Drama courses, and discover what it takes to become a student here.
Explore the excellent facilities available to the Drama staff and students at The University of Manchester.
Explore careers and employability options after studying Drama at Manchester.