Current PhD students
Postgraduate research students in American Studies work on a wide range of topics. Here's an indication of some of the work going on.
- Emma Berg – ‘Jewishness, Zakar, and Writing: Yiddishkait as a Textual Identity’
- Gwynne George – ‘Postfeminism, Blackness and Authenticity’
- Nicole Gipson – ‘Makes Me Wanna Holler: Pathways to Understanding African American Adult Single Able-Bodied Homelessness from 1980’
- Ian Pemberton – ‘Arab Malaise: How America's Oil Empire has Transformed the Middle East'
- Jonathan Pountney – ‘Race, Region and Class in the Fiction of Raymond Carver, Richard Ford and Tobias Wolff’
- Stevie Watson – ‘Locating George Herriman's Krazy Kat in American Modernism'
- Bruce Wilkinson – ‘Conspirators in the Aesthetics of Obscenity'