Our Study abroad programme offers students the opportunity to study at a North American university.
Study abroad is an excellent opportunity for you to see the world, experience new cultures and study at one of our partner institutions overseas.
Study abroad periods are available either in Year 2 of a three-year course, or in Year 3 of a four-year course.
American Studies students can also apply for a limited number of opportunities to study for a whole year at The University of California.
For first hand experiences from our students, visit the Manchester On The Road blog to read accounts from:
- Shifra Power (studying abroad at North Carolina State University, USA)
- Ailsa Jones (studying abroad at Queen's University, Canada)
There's also an excellent travel and study blog from a previous student, Libby Turner: UoM Study Abroad Wordpress
The programme presently has student exchange partnerships with the following North American institutions:
- Arizona State University
- Case Western Reserve University
- McGill University
- North Carolina State University
- Queen's University
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- Simon Fraser University
- University of British Columbia
- University of Calgary
- University of California
- University of Illinois at Urbana – Champaign
- University of Kentucky
- University of Maryland, College Park
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst
- University of Missouri at Columbia
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- University of Tennessee at Knoxville
- University of Toronto
- University of Vermont
- Wellesley College