Why study here?
An unparalleled opportunity to study a range of religious traditions and theologies in the context of our vibrant city.
As a Religions and Theology student, you'll gain exclusive access to The John Rylands Library which is home to the earliest portion of any New Testament writing ever found.
Religions and Theology at The University of Manchester offers you the opportunity to engage with a wide range of traditions and beliefs, covering all periods up to the present day.
Our teaching will encourage you to actively participate in constructive debate, developing your investigative and critical thinking skills across a full breadth of religious and nonreligious traditions.
Manchester is ranked among the top ten universities in the UK for theology, divinity and religious studies in the QS World University Rankings 2018.
- Choose from a wide range of course units, including many interdisciplinary options.
- Undertake research in a vibrant, multi-cultural, multi-faith city.
- Take advantage of our long-term reputation for research excellence.
- Gain exclusive access to the internationally significant special collections.
- Analyse key issues in theological and philosophical debate.
- Follow specialist interests, attend special skills workshops and research seminars with an MA.
- Become the best you can be by participating in Stellify for true personal and professional growth.
Careers and employability
Study Religions and Theology at Manchester and you will develop a range of flexible skills that can be applied to many careers.
The University of Manchester is also the most targeted university in the UK for top graduate employers, according to High Fliers Research.
Learn more on the Careers and employability page.
Find out more
At The University of Manchester, you'll have an unparalleled opportunity to study a range of religious traditions and theologies in the context of our vibrant city.
I loved studying Religions and Theology. The number of courses available means you can really tailor your studies to your interests. Some of the lecturers are world leaders in their field, and it's an amazing opportunity to have such fantastic input into your learning.Samuel Cresswell / BA (Hons) Religions and Theology
Find out more about our Religions and Theology courses, and discover what it takes to become a student here.
Discover our world class facilities you'll have access to as a student here.
Explore careers and employability options after studying Religions and Theology at The University of Manchester.