A follow up to our original symposium Blue, exploring further aspects of life in ancient Egypt.
Yellow, the colour of sunlight and of gold, was a colour of immense importance to the ancient Egyptians.
Join our experts as they reflect on the importance of this vibrant shade by watching the videos below.
- Dr Steven Snape, University of Liverpool - Yellow, Gold and Sunlight
- Dr Campbell Price, Manchester Museum - Flesh of the Gods; Yellow and Gold as a Means of Re-Birth
- Taneash Sidpura, The University of Manchester - Golden Flies: Part 1 Introduction and Archaeological Evidence, Part 2 Iconographic Evidence and Textual Evidence
- Dr Nicky Nielsen, The University of Manchester - The Lost Royal Gold of Ancient Egypt: The Discovery of the Deir el-Bahri Cache
- Dr Lidija McKnight, The University of Manchester - Golden Offerings