Below you'll find a list of regular trainers for language-specific sessions in our MA Conference Interpreting.
- Barbara Bethäusser-Conte. German A, English B, French C. AIIC member. Freelance conference interpreter for international organisations, government and private sector (industrial, banking, pharmaceutical, legal). Consultant interpreter. AIIC Training of trainers certificate.
- Dr. Svetlana Carsten - Russian A, English B. Svetlana has experience of working for clients including the US State Department, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Houses of Parliament, Amnesty International & regular interpretations provided to Soviet and CIS political dissidents and literary figures. Svetlana has been training interpreters since 1985.
- Kirsten Coope - English A, French C, German C, Spanish C. Accredited: EU; United Nations. AIIC member. Freelance conference interpreter for international organisations before joining the European Parliament as a staff interpreter in 2008. Kirsten has experience of participating in accreditation tests and staff competitions for the EU institutions, as well as training interpreters for the UN.
- Catriona Howard - English A, Spanish B, French C. Accredited: EU. AIIC member. Freelance conference interpreter for international organisations (the European Commission, the European Parliament, the International Development Bank etc.) and private sector clients. Catriona began teaching conference interpreting in 2008 and has experience of training interpreters for the European Parliament and United Nations.
- Sylvie Levi-Roos - French A, English B, German B. Maître-es-Lettres ESIT. Accredited: EU. AIIC member. Freelance conference interpreter, clients include the EU institutions, Foreign & Commonwealth Office, G8, EBRD, World Bank. Sylvie has over 10 years’ teaching experience, and holds a postgraduate certificate in the methodology of teaching conference interpreting from ETI, Geneva.
- Jin Liu - Chinese A, English B. Accredited: EU. Jin has interpreted for the EU institutions, WHO, UNDP, World Wildlife Fund (WWF), Chinese government ministries, Chinese Banking Regulatory Committee, State Information Bureau, LVMH, BMW, Moody’s, Deutsche Bank.
- Sophie Llewellyn-Smith - English A, French B, German C, Greek C. Accredited: EU. AIIC member. European Commission staff interpreter 1994-1996 and 2012-2015. Sophie has provided training on behalf of the European Commission for interpreters and for universities across Europe that train interpreters.
- Valeria Luna - Spanish A, English B, French C, Italian C. AIIC member. Accredited: UN. Freelance conference interpreter, clients include UN, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Ministry of Defence, FIFA.
- Elena Poptsova-Cook- Russian A, English B. AIIC member. Accredited: EU. Diploma in Interpreting and Translation, Moscow State Lomonosov University. Freelance conference interpreter, clients include the EU institutions, Foreign & Commonwealth Office, OSCE, Chatham House, Houses of Parliament, Royal Courts of Justice, major INGOs, UK and Russian Federation government departments and private companies.
Visiting and external trainers
- Christina Edwards - English A, French C, German C, Russian C. AIIC. ETI. Former UN staff interpreter/ILO Chief Intepreter, currently freelance.
- Chris de Fortis - English A, French B, Spanish C. AIIC member. NATO senior staff interpreter, runs NATO recruitment tests and practice programmes. Chris has experience of teaching and examining at a number of European universities.
- Matthew Perret - English A, Spanish B, French C, Portuguese C, Catalan C. AIIC. Accredited: EU. Clients include: UK Government, G20, IMF/World Bank. Provided interpreter training for European Parliament interpreters, the United Nations, the African Union and the Council of Europe.
- Julia Poger - English A, Russian B, French C. AIIC member. Accreditation: UN. Conference interpreter with clients including the US State Department, OECD, UNOG, UNESCO, OPCW and the Council of Europe. Julia has experience of teaching and examining at a number of European universities.
Our students also benefit from pedagogical assistance provided by European Commission staff interpreters. Staff interpreters from the European Parliament and the European Commission may also attend interpreting examinations.