Exams offered by the "Prüfungszentrum Goethe-Institut" at the Language Centre of The University of Manchester are internationally recognised and highly regarded by German employers and grant-awarding bodies.
The next exam period is May/June 2023.
Dates for May/June 2023:
- Start Deutsch 1 (A1) + Zertifikat A2: These will not be offered in 2023.
- Zertifikat B1:This will not be offered in 2023.
- Zertifikat B2: Thiswill not be offered in 2023.
- Zertifikat C1: Dates to be confirmed in February 2023.
- Zertifikat C2: This will not be offered in 2023.
The examination will start 09:00 or 10:00 in the morning and take most of the day up to early / later afternoon, depending on the number of candidates. Please note they will not go ahead if there are not enough candidates. See here for information on exam fees.
An enrolment form for external candidates will be made avaialble in March 2023. An external candidate is anyone who is not currently on a LEAP German course.
Download more information
Exam terms and conditions
All documents are in PDF format.
- Goethe-Zertifikat A1 (SD1) exam terms & conditions
- Goethe-Zertifikat A2 exam terms & conditions
- Goethe Zertifikat B1 exam terms & conditions
- Goethe-Zertifikat B2 exam terms & conditions
- Goethe-Zertifikat C1 exam terms & conditions
- Supplement to exam terms & conditions for exam participants with special needs
- Information for exam candidates with special needs