BA Film Studies and English Language / Overview
Year of entry: 2019
- Degree awarded
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
AAB including an essay-based subject (such as English Literature, History or Politics).
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
Equivalents to A-level grades are as follows:
A*AA: 37 points overall, with 7,6,6 in Higher Level subjects.
AAA: 36 points overall, with 6,6,6 in Higher Level subjects.
AAB: 35 points overall, with 6,6,5 in Higher Level subjects.
ABB: 34 points overall, with 6,5,5 in Higher Level subjects.
NOTE: please check A-Levels for subject requirements.
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- You are interested in the theory and use of the English language from the past to the present day
- You want to examine the development of film culture and explore how the English language is used in film creation
- You want to develop transferable skills for career opportunities in film education, distribution, exhibition and curation.
Fees for entry in 2019 have not yet been set. For entry in 2018 the tuition fees were £9,250. Future inflationary increases may also be applied to each subsequent year of your course, subject to government regulations on fee increases for home/EU students, and are expected to increase slightly for 2019 entry.