BA English Language and English Literature / Overview
Year of entry: 2019
- Degree awarded
- BA (Hons)
- 3 Years
- Typical A-level offer
AAB, to include Grade A in English Literature (or English Language and Literature).
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
Equivalents to A-level grades are as follows:
A*AA: 37 points overall, with 7,6,6 in Higher Level subjects.
AAA: 36 points overall, with 6,6,6 in Higher Level subjects.
AAB: 35 points overall, with 6,6,5 in Higher Level subjects.
ABB: 34 points overall, with 6,5,5 in Higher Level subjects.
NOTE: please check A-Levels for subject requirements.
- Number of places/applicants
- This is a new course for 2017 so we have no details currently on the number of applications received.
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS .
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- You want to study English Literature from the Anglo Saxon period through to the present day
- You are interested in the words, sounds and grammar of the English language
- You want to develop key transferable skills in essay writing and giving presentation
The University holds Open Days regularly (usually June, September and October) where you have the opportunity to tour the campus and find out more about the facilities and courses we offer.
On this day you will find out more about the School and its resources, and meet members of academic and admissions staff who will be able to answer any questions you have.
Fees for entry in 2019 have not yet been set. For entry in 2018 the tuition fees were £9,250. Future inflationary increases may also be applied to each subsequent year of your course, subject to government regulations on fee increases for home/EU students, and are expected to increase slightly for 2019 entry.