BA Chinese and Linguistics / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours
- 4 Years. [Full-Time]
- Typical A-level offer
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
33 points overall (core points accepted), with 6,5,5 in higher level subjects including English Lang or equivalent to GCSE Grade B in a Modern Foreign Language
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Study the unique human faculty of language, investigate world languages and develop transferable skills in quantitative methods.
- Explore issues such as how languages arise, change and die, how children acquire their first language and what happens when speakers of different languages come into contact.
- Gain advanced linguistic skills in Mandarin Chinese and explore the culture, history and politics of China.
- Spend a year in a Chinese-speaking country to consolidate your language learning.
- Study at a university ranked 5th in the UK for Modern Languages (QS World University Rankings 2018).
The University holds Open Days regularly (usually June, September and October) where you have the opportunity to tour the campus and find out more about the facilities and courses we offer.
On this day you will find out more about the School and its resources, and meet members of academic and admissions staff who will be able to answer any questions you have.
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2018 will be £9,250. Future inflationary increases may also be applied to each subsequent year of your course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £18,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.