Support for researchers
We have a generous range of mechanisms and schemes to support our researchers.
Benefits for our researchers include:
- an annual personal research allowance;
- a research support fund to facilitate pilot projects leading to large grant applications;
- a research networking fund;
- the opportunity to apply for a one-semester sabbatical leave once every 3 years;
- a mentoring scheme, reduced teaching and no administration for early career researchers;
- a Concordat Implementation Plan developed by the University (in recognition of this work the University has received the HR Excellence in Research Award from the European Commission);
- a commitment to equality in employment and career development for staff (including established procedures for assisting disabled staff to return to or remain in full-time productive employment).