Our research influences and engages with the wider community, in Manchester and beyond, in many ways.
Current research with a strong focus on impact includes :
Forensic linguistic authorship indentification for anonymous texts.
Learn more about out how research on Linguistics and English Language has been making a difference through our case studies below:
- Challenging claims about human language
- Multilingual Manchester - the biggest online resource on urban multilingualism
- European policies and local outreach support for Romani immigrants
- Romani recognised as an expanding European language
- Singing the praises of 19th century poetry
Find out about some of the cross-discipline research projects on the Languages research page.