Support for researchers
The School has a generous range of mechanisms and schemes to support its researchers.
Researchers benefit from:
- An annual personal research allowance.
- A research support fund to facilitate pilot projects leading to large grant applications.
- A research networking fund.
- The opportunity to apply for a one semester sabbatical leave once every 3 years.
- A mentoring scheme, reduced teaching and no administration for early career researchers.
- A Concordat Implementation Plan developed by the University (in recognition of this work the university has received the HR Excellence in Research Award from the European Commission).
- A commitment to equality in employment and career development for its staff (including established procedures for assisting disabled staff to return to or remain in full-time productive employment.